Anyone working in grant-giving and impact investing must realise that it is a sector which fails to live its values when it comes to recruitment. Trustee boards, but also staff teams, are largely missing the voices of the communities we exist to serve and those that work deeply within them. We believe that with the benefit of some new voices and practices that allow those voices to be heard, we can go further as a sector.
The 2027 Programme exists to help grant-makers and impact investors find candidates that tick all their boxes and to support them to make sure those candidates are trained, coached and supported to thrive at their organisations.
We now need organisations across these sectors to say ‘yes’ and to open their doors to a new type of candidate – not at the expense of any current team members or trustees, but alongside them.
You can download our programme brochure by clicking here.
The 2027 Staff Programme
The 2027 Staff Programme is a one-year placement programme that supports grant-giving and impact investing organisations to bring diverse talent with frontline work experience from working-class communities into their teams.
This is not an internship programme – you will be hiring a professional who is capable of and should be expected to fulfil a role within your organisation as any of your other team members.
In addition to the programme of support support will be given to the host organisations to get the most out of this unique opportunity to integrate and activate frontline/lived expertise into their funding processes and reflect how their equity, diversity and inclusion practices can be improved.
What you need to know
- You pay a set salary for one year to the placement as well as a small training fee to take part in the programme;
- The participant will take on a full-time role in your funding team;
- All coaching, support and training is included within these fees;
- Participants will spend 90% of their time with you in role and 10% on various training and support programmes;
- Enrolment in the programme happens once a year with placements starting in October – commitments to participate are needed by July 1st;
- Our comprehensive selection process will target candidates with the
- skills that grant-makers and impact investors are looking for as well
- as the highly sought-after lived, learnt and practice expertise
- As part of our recruitment service we will work with you to match the most appropriate candidate or candidates to your team.
We know that the need for voices from working class communities extends past staff teams and into Trustee boards. That’s why we are also working on incorporating a governance element to the programme and offering training to boards of foundations and grant-making organisations. If you would like to be part of this or find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking to recruit outside of our programme cycle or have recently brought new voices into your organisation and want to support them to thrive, we are happy to have conversations about how to support you to find excellent, experienced candidates and/or support their integration at your organisation. For more information please email email@example.com